The Art of Living Navratri Fasting Recipe- Jeera Rice
Savory Navratri Recipe, a healthy, tasty and easy to make recipe.
Fasting Cumin (Jeera) Rice
- Fasting Rice (Sama Rice) – 200 gms
- Ghee (clarified butter) - 1 tbsp
- Water – 350 ml
- Cumin Seeds (1.2 tsp)
- Curry leaves – 5-6 nos.
- Green chillies – 2 nos.
- Rock salt – 1 tsp
Method for Preparation
- Soak the rice for about 1 hour in room temperature water, and drain.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Add curry leaves, green chillies and water.
- When water starts boiling, add the rice and cook it for 10 minutes.
- Now add salt and cook for one more minute.
- Switch off the gas and serve hot.
To know more about The Art of Living Navratri, please follow the below link